You will need to install autohotkey if you haven't already. There are instructions in the script if you open it with a notepad. You will need to make some small code changes in order for it to work for you so make sure to read the instructions. If you have further questions, you can contact me.
TIP: make the code changes and save before double clicking the .ahk file!
Edit: added new script for loading characters by class name (see bottom for download links) This one does not include ML loader.
Edit: If your Windows is installed in another language, please edit the script to use your folder path rather than finding it.
Instead of this:
Code: Select all
global twrpg_folder := "C:\Users\" . A_UserName . "\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomMapData\TWRPG" global ml_folder := "C:\Users\" . A_UserName . "\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomMapData\mlorpg"
Code: Select all
global twrpg_folder := "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomMapData\TWRPG" global ml_folder := "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Warcraft III\CustomMapData\mlorpg"
Warcraft III 1.28.5
F8 to open loading buttons
Select a button to load said hero
Warcraft III 1.28.5 with -nativefullscr
For people with -nativefullscr, the expected behavior is to tab you out of wc3, then once you press a button on the screen, it will open wc3 back up and load your character.
Warcraft III 1.26
A few notes about the 1.26 script
There are two ways to use this script with 1.26
- Full-screen Mode - Just the regular wc3 with no changes to your wc3 settings. Expected result: Tabs out when you press F8, once you select a character to load, it tabs back into wc3, and then proceeds to load your character and learn skills
- Borderless fullscreen mode - I've included in the script a command that turns a windowed wc3 into borderless fullscreen
(courtesy of ENT Gaming)
If you'd like to use number 2 you can follow these steps: (Can skip to step e if you already know how to set your wc3 to windowed mode)
- Create a shortcut of your 1.26 wc3 .exe file.
- Right click on the new shortcut and select properties
- In the popup find where it says Target: and at the end of the path type this: -window
- It should look something like this: "Your\Path\To\wc3 1.26.exe" -window
- Note: -window needs to be outside of the quotes
- Press okay
- Launch wc3 through the shortcut
- with your ahk already running, Make sure you select your wc3 window and press the hotkey Alt + F11
- You need to select wc3 before you press the hotkey since it can turn any window selected into borderless fullscreen
- This will turn your wc3 into borderless fullscreen.
AHK Template for 1.28 and above WITHOUT overwriting save files (read instructions inside the script)
AHK Template for 1.28 with -nativefullscr option
AHK Template for 1.26