Ban Appeal

Accepted Ban Appeals
Ruzai
Dragon Turtle

Ban Appeal

Post by Ruzai » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:21 am

frankly, i'm pretty astonished at the dubious nature in which my ban was confirmed. however, let's take a look at this cut and dried.

the rule in question that is violated is here:
When summoning angels/demons you need to vote on what the group wants to kill.
and here's VoDeViL's statement:
After reviewing this replay numerous times and discussing it with other staff members, we find that actions by SuperSane, ruzai and Dslinger should be given a ban of 5 days because summoning with no vote is considered harassment. It is crazy to say you guys just met and acted as you did without agreeing on the matter before. Clearly you guys were under agreement to summon angels as quickly as you could. Also, when reviewing the replay, i noticed that there was a number of 6 players that could have voted for angels/demons. As you can see, 50% isn't the majority. Angels were also summoned without asking for a vote or notifying the others that they were being summoned.
Players must contribute to a fight AND be no more than 5 levels lower than the item in order to roll on loot dropped. In order to roll on materials, you must be no more than 5 levels lower than the lowest level item that boss drops. (A level 315 can roll on a level 320 item, a level 314 cannot.) See here if you're unsure what level items each boss drops viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3
in accordance to this forum's rule book, Arhowk is not even eligible to roll on loot that drops and cannot be considered a member of the voting party. simple as that. (although despite this, he doing runs with us - so he's on our side anyway?)

i rather enjoy the sense of community and familiarity provided by the Zelus[tw] bot, but the notion of this ban and how it was carried out is a very large cause to question.

Ruzai
Dragon Turtle

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Ruzai » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:27 am

i should also add that we've continued doing angel runs since the day of this ban report, and at one point did garner a full house of players speed running angels with us. comically, we also voted in game for angels every time - despite having an agreement beforehand to rush angels.

edit - didn't realize players above 300 get to vote. this seems rather inconsistent if they're not even allowed to roll for loot.

Zorl
Site Admin

Post by Zorl » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:42 am

Zorl wrote:When summoning angels/demons you need to vote on what the group wants to kill. Summoning the opposite of what the majority votes will result in a 5 day ban. Only players level 300+ are allowed to vote and only one vote per player. If you are playing two characters, you still only get to vote once. In the event of a tie, all players who voted may roll and the highest roll gets to choose.
It's very clearly stated here. Read all of the rules, not just the ones you wish to apply to a specific circumstance.

Denied -Zorl

VoDeViL
Mammoth

Post by VoDeViL » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Here's the deal, as Zorl would say. Ruzai and Dslinger have both been unbanned.

As far as SuperSane, he will remain banned for what is left of the original 5 days.

Your actions, accusations and overall attitude on this forum are entirely unacceptable. You have singled people out, mislead the truth and continue to spam the forum for something that was already denied. You have not at one point acknowledged any regret for your actions, all you have done is try to bend the rules into your favor and that is not how I play. I have no doubt that you are fully aware of the intent of every rule posted. At this point, several people no longer want you to be a member of the community, but I think that is unfair to you. You need to just take this 5 day ban and get over it. Play on makemehost, I don't care, but you won't be playing on Zelus[TW].

In addition to remaining unbanned from the bot, SuperSane has been banned from the forums until his ban expires. Banning from the forums will not be a common practice, but will be used in events where players are out of control on the forums.

-VoDeViL